New Delhi: As we live under a mandatory, or even self-imposed quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic, food has really been everyone’s best friend through these tough times. Whether it is cooking tasty food for your own self and your family, or it is about finding comfort in food during the mental and physical implications of the pandemic, instant foods have really come to our rescue. Instant noodles were everyone’s best friend even before this time, but have really proved their claims during these times when people have been unable to find time to make or eat elaborate meals, due to excessive work or classes.
However, everyone tends to get bored if they eat the same type, or the same food for the longest time. Here are a few recipes shared by chefs on board with Yippee Noodles, that will help you give the instant noodles a tasty twist.
Instant Noddles Burger
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Serves: 2
- 1 packet instant noodles
- Water -150 ml
- 1 Boiled potato
- Cornflour -1 Tsp
- Maida-1 Tsp
- Crushed cornflakes- as per preference
- Burger Buns – 2
- Ketchup – 4 Tsp
- Mayonnaise -4 Tsp
- Slices of Tomato – as per preference
- Slices of Onion – as per preference
- Cheese Slices – 2
- Salt -as per taste
- Heat a pan and add water
- Bring the water to a boil. Add instant noodles and the masala that comes with it
- Cook till the noodles are done
- Transfer to a bowl and let them cool down
- Add mashed boiled potato and mix well
- Divide the mixture into two portions and shape both into a patty and keep aside
- Add cornflour and maida to a bowl. Add water to make a slurry
- Take one patty and dip it in the slurry
- Remove the excess slurry and coat the patty with crushed cornflakes
- Shallow fry both the patties in medium hot oil till they turn golden and crispy
- Take burger bun and apply some ketchup and mayonnaise
- Place a patty and add slices of tomato and onion. Place the other half of burger bun
- Repeat the same for the other burger
- Relish it with your choice of cold drink
Instant Noodles Cheese Slices
- Instant noodles – 2 packets
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Maida – 4tbsp
- Milk – 250ml
- Salt -1tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Black pepper – 1tsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Cooking oil – 3tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1tbsp
- Chopped ginger – 1tbsp
- Sweet corn – 50g
- Chopped green capsicum – 50g
- Chopped red bell pepper – 50g
- Chopped yellow bell pepper – 50g
- Chopped mushrooms – 50g
- Chopped carrot – 50g
- Tomato purée – 500ml
- Italian herbs – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Grated Cheese -2 tbsp
- In a wok, add 2 tbsp butter, 4tbsp maida. Mix on low to medium flame till light brown. Add 250ml milk in batches and keep stirring. Add 1tsp salt, 1tsp chilli flakes, 1tsp black pepper & 1tsp oregano. Mix White sauce till thickens. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add 3tbsp cooking oil,1tbsp chopped garlic,1tbsp chopped ginger,50g sweet corn,50g chopped green capsicum,50g chopped red bell pepper,50g chopped yellow bell pepper,50g chopped mushrooms,50g chopped carrot,500ml tomato purée, salt as per taste, 1tsp black pepper,1tsp chilli flakes,1 tsp Italian herbs,1tsp oregano,1tbsp ketchup. Mix well.
- To the above mixture, add 250ml water. Add 2 packet instant noodles, 2 sachets instant masala. Cook till parboiled for about 3-4 mins. Keep aside.
- Take a Pyrex baking dish. Brush it with 1tbsp melted butter.
- Layer the noodle mix with a spatula and flatten out to the shape of the dish. Next up add a layer of the white Sauce. Sprinkle 2tbsp grated cheese evenly as the third layer. Repeat the same three layers again in the same order.
- Once done, sprinkle 1tsp Italian herbs & 1tsp chilli flakes.
- Wrap with aluminium foil. Bake at 200degree Celsius for 12-15 mins.
- Remove from the oven. Slice into 4 sections and serve in layers with some olives on the side.
Instant Noodles Momos
Preparation Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 12 min Servings: 3
Ingredients: Stuffing –
- Instant noodles – 1 packet
- Water – 150 ml
- Shredded Cabbage – ½ Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Crushed black pepper – as per preference
- Maida – 1 & ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 80 ml
- Add water to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add instant noodles and its masala.
- Add cabbage, butter and some crushed black pepper.
- Cook till the noodles are done and keep aside.
- In a bowl take maida and add some salt as per taste.
- Gradually add water and make a medium soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 10 min and then cut the dough into small equal-sized portions.
- Roll one into a thin sheet and place some stuffing inside.
- Shape into small momo.
- Place in a steamer and steam for 12 min.
- Serve the steaming hot momo with chutney.