While the entire nation is trying different means of immunity boosting on a daily basis during the Corona scare quarantine period, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made it simpler on Wednesday night, as he posted ‘General Measures to enhance the body’s natural defence system’. In his post he duly mentioned that prevention is better than cure and while there is no medicine for COVID19 as of now, it will be good to take preventive measures which boost our immunity.
In his post he talked about the magic and power of Ayurveda. The measures mentioned in the post were recommended by the Ministry of Ayush. The preventive health measures are with special reference to respiratory system, which are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications. In his late night post he urged the nation to have a look at the Ayush Ministry protocol and make it a part of your lives and share it with others too. His post read, “Let’s keep the focus on being healthy. After all, good health is the harbinger of happiness.
1. He suggests drinking warm water throughout the day to stay hydrated and flush out the toxins from the body.
2. He suggests using haldi (turmeric), jeera (cumin seeds), dhaniya (coriander) and lahsun (garlic) in daily cooking.
3. He duly stresses on the power of Ayurveda and its power in boosting the immune system. In his guideline for self care during COVID19 crisis, he suggests to take Chyavanprash 10 gm (1 tsp)in the morning.
4. He also suggests drinking herbal tea/ decoction (Kadha) made from tulsi, dalchini, kalimirch, dry ginger, munakka, which is mean to be consumed twice a day. You can add jiggery or fresh lime juice to enhance the taste of the drink.
5. He calls traditional Haldi Doodh as Golden Milk and suggests to consume it once or twice a day. All you need to do is add ½ tsp haldi powder in 150 ml hot milk and consume it.
6. In case you are having sore throat/dry cough, he suggests taking steam inhalation with fresh pudina leaves and ajwain seeds. Practice it once a day. You can also use cloves powder with sugar or honey and consume it 2-3 times a day. He stresses, it is best to consult a doctor if symptoms of dry cough and sore throat persist.