Sure, its fun to share a good laugh. But did you know it can improve your health? “Laughter accompanies health”, well, this expression is pretty much true. Laughter strengthens your immune system diminishes pain and boosts mood. It is not only a stress buster but is also induces a lot of physical changes in your body. You will be surprised to know that there is so much more to those giggles than just raising your spirits!
Feeling sad, anxious, or angry? Laughter is the cure for you. When you smile, the movement of the facial muscles sends signals to the brain which in turn triggers the release of certain neurotransmitters called endorphins. This acts as a natural pain killer, make you feel happy and reduces your stress levels. The more endorphins are released the more you’ll feel calm and composed.
Helps Us Have A Healthy Appetite
You might think this is a hard one to swallow, but if you are someone who suffers from regular indigestion problems. Why? Because it produces digestive enzymes, acts as a stomach massage, and stimulates the wave of contraction and relaxation along the alimentary canal. It helps relieve constipation and even increases bile production.
Improves Social Relations
“Laughter is the closest distance between two people”- it’s true. Frequent mood swings and anger only complicate the problem between friends and family member. But only a single smile can diffuse conflicts and avoid arguments.
Lowers Blood Pressure
It improves the function of blood vessels and increases the blood flow, which protects you against cardiovascular problems and a heart attack.
No, it’s not a replacement for a gym. According to a study, laughing for 10-15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories.
Boosts The Immune System
“Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.” It decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to diseases.
Beneficial To The Respiratory System
Laughter provides the fastest and easiest method of regulating breathing and flushing out the lungs. It increases heart rate, respiratory rate, and also oxygen consumption.
It also allows you to breathe deeper, by improving your respiratory health. This Exercise is strongly recommended for asthma patients.
- Stick your tongue out and keep your mouth open.
- Slowly stretch your hands out, like the paws of a lion.
- Try to laugh from your belly.
- Welcome everybody the way you normally do and replace words with laughter.
- Spread your arms up and look up in the sky.
- Laugh straight from your heart.
- Fake a smile; giggle, then laugh slowly.
- Gradually increase your laugh volume.
- Think of a socially awkward moment and laugh at it.
Cell Phone Laughter
- Imagine you are talking to someone on your phone and laugh.
- Laugh with the mouth closed and hum.
- Open your mouth wide and laugh without making no sound. Look at other people and make funny gestures.
So, what are you waiting for? Now you know all the benefits, so laugh as much as you can. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such articles.