New Delhi: The summer season is now approaching, with the weather finally making way for slightly higher temperatures. The constant dilemma of wearing a sweater or not, and showering with hot, warm water, is about to end for many. However, we all know at least one person, among our friends or family, who likes to shower with hot water, even in the summer season.
While hot showers are a common trend abroad, in India, showering with cold water during the summer season is considered refreshing, given how hot the country gets in the summer season. Our ancestors and parents have often listed the many reasons why you should shower with normal, or even cold water in the summer season. However, here are some benefits of showering with warm water, even when the temperatures outside are soaring.
- Hot showers relax muscles – As we keep sitting in front of our work desks all day, or keep looking at our smartphones with our heads bent down, we are likely to feel soreness and stiffness in the muscles of our shoulders and neck. Hot showers can help relieve such stiffness in muscles, as the heat helps in relaxing them. It may also reduce pain.
- Hot showers relieve congestion – When we sleep with the air conditioner on, during the summer season, we may find ourselves sneezing and coughing the next morning. If you are looking for a way to soothe the congestion, taking a hot shower in the summer season is a good idea, especially if this is a frequent occurrence.
- Relieves stress and helps you sleep better – Anyone who has taken a hot shower before bed can vouch for the fact that it is relaxing, and helps you sleep better. If you have been having trouble sleeping recently, or feel too stressed due to personal or professional reasons, a hot shower at night is one of the effective ways to manage and reduce it.
- Hot showers can help you clean your skin better – Hot or warm water can open up your pores, and help you clean your skin better. When your pores are clean, skin problems like blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and blemishes can be reduced.
- Hot showers may soothe menstrual cramps, migraine headaches – Menstrual cramps can be excruciating, and difficult to deal with. The same holds true for migraine headaches. According to anecdotal evidence, migraines and menstrual cramps can both be soothed with hot showers. Next time you have one, go take a shower. You are likely to feel way more relaxed and at ease.